Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Veil

For the reading, The Veil, for the week of October 1st, I found this reading somewhat interesting. I never really knew much about the "Islamic Revolution" and I certainty had no idea that the Veil head dress is was obligated to be worn by all women of the nation after this revolution. I was certainly surprised to find out that the little girls parents weren't for the wearing of the Veil and demonstrated for freedom. It was very surprising to see the family didn't care for Islamic beliefs. I can relate to this because as a Jewish male, I am obligated to wear a yamaca on my head, even though I find it doesn't make me less of a Jewish male if I don't. My parents always told me that cultural beliefs come from the heart of a person, no matter what is written in a book that is more than 2000 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment